Chai Lai Sisters Elephant Rescue
Jungle Walk with rescued elephants + feed elephants + waterfall + Bamboo raft
Walk with elephants + feed elephants + waterfall
1 day $99
No Riding, just care for elephants in their natural environment. Your participation in this trip helps us to support and rescue elephants who have survived a life of abuse in the logging or tourism industry.
Visit Elephants in a Jungle Sanctuary
Chai Lai Sisters takes a holistic approach to elephant care and the eco system. You can observe and interact with Asian Elephants while giving them freedom to just be elephants in their natural jungle environment. With your support they can have a safe home where they do not need to perform tricks or give rides or be abused.
8:00 AM from your hotel in Chiang Mai
- Drive for an hour and a half through the beautiful Thai Countryside and mountain tops close to the highest point in Thailand Doi Inthanon National Park
- Arrive at the elephant rescue. Meet the elephants and your guide and Karen elephant caretakers
- Learn about the Karen people's history with the elephants, elephant well-being, and how to feed the elephants
- Walk with the elephants through the beautiful rainforest. Depending on the time of year this area can also be a cloud forest!
- LUNCH - Learn how to cook a delicious traditional jungle lunch with bamboo and banana leaves
- Swim in a beautiful jungle waterfall!
- End your day by floating down a river on a 1 hour bamboo raft adventure. Bamboo rafting is very relaxing or exciting depending on the time of year and the water levels. Either way the views from the river are uniquely beautiful and it is an unforgettable experience.
- Change clothes and your driver will be waiting for you to take you back to your hotel when you are ready.
- Good Karma! Your support helps us keep these elephants happy and healthy!
- Professional elephant caretakers
- Guides to translate and take photos
- Beer and additional beverages and snacks
- Any optional gratuity for guides
what to BRING
Comfortable clothing, swim wear, change of clean clothes, bug spray and sunscreen, towel.