Elephant Waterfall Adventure Trek - 1 Day
Volunteer with Elephants + Hike to Waterfalls + Bamboo Raft + visit a Karen hill tribe Village
limited time offer: $105 / 3500 THB per person
Escape the crowds with a boutique tour. Join us for a full day filled with swimming at waterfalls and becoming friends with elephants. One on one time with your own elephant will let you really get to know her personality. Take in some of Northern Thailand’s most beautiful landscapes on a hike with a local Karen guide. Visit a Karen, Hmong, or Lahu village. Bamboo raft down the Mae Wang River that winds through the beautiful mountains of Northern Thailand. Bathe a baby elephant in the river, feed all the elephants in the herd and walk or ride an elephant through the jungle bareback. Say goodbye to the elephants before heading back to the city, or enjoy refreshments and snacks at our riverside cafe. Learn how choosing an ethical tour helps elephants HERE.
availability is limited so each person can bond with their own elephant. this is a small private tour not a join group.
Chiang Mai, Three Kings Monument or a nearby hotel
Coming from Chiang Mai: depart at ~8:00am, return at ~6-pm
This trip is well organized but relaxed. In order to give you the best experience and maximum time doing your preferred activities, there's not a set schedule. We are flexible to accommodate a different order should you want to spend more time in an activity or change your schedule. The day may feel less structured than what you're used to but rest assured, you'll get a chance to experience everything! Most of the trek starting points are off mountain roads some of which require 4WD for safety so we will travel by truck. Here is generally what to expect with this trip.
- We offer private custom tours, you can hike anywhere from 1 to 4 hours depending on what you ask for. If you don't specify what you want, hikes are usually 2-3 hours and moderate in difficulty.
- Play in the waterfall, explore and relax
- During this time, your guide will cook you a meal using local ingredients over a fire
- After lunch, you'll typically wander through a Hill Tribe village where your guide can talk through the local life
- A truck will take you to the bamboo rafting starting point
- We suggest leaving your camera and anything you don't want to get wet in the truck, which will meet after rafting
- Depending on the time of year, the ride can have rapids or just be relaxing. It is about 1 hour and always lots of fun!
- Don't be afraid to get a little wet when you bathe and play with our baby elephant in the river
- Spend the afternoon walking alongside these gentle giants, feeding them and bathing them in the river.
PrePay and Reserve
special 3500 BAHT - 1 person per elephant (Save 500 THB)
Crave more outdoor action than a one day trip? get off the beaten path and Experience a Karen homestay at a jungle elephant rescue to create a unique 2 day trek for only $45 / 1500 THB extra per person.
- Comfortable athletic clothing
- Sandals with good grip / trekking shoes
- Change of clean clothes
- Cash for buying drinks or handcrafts
- Professional elephant caretakers
- Guides to translate and take photos for you
- Beer and additional beverages and snacks
- Any optional gratuity for guides and mahouts